If you are a man who is trying to grow out a beard, it can be a frustrating process when it seems to take forever for the hair on your face to grow. Use the following suggestions to get your facial hair to sprout more quickly.
Get Enough of the Right Vitamins
You may not realize this, but the foods you eat can have an effect on your beard. Nutritious foods that stimulate any kind of hair growth will be good for you as you try to get your beard to grow as much as possible. Focus on foods that contain the following vitamins:
- Vitamin E--Vitamin E is good for both your skin and hair. It promotes hair growth. This vitamin can be found in seeds, nuts and green vegetables.
- Vitamin C--Vitamin C helps to grow your hair and strengthen it as well. Strawberries, potatoes and oranges contain a lot of vitamin C.
- Biotin--Milk, bananas and whole grains are just a few of the foods that contain biotin, one of the B vitamins. Biotin is sometimes added to shampoos to promote the growth of hair.
If you choose to use vitamins for facial hair growth in order to get all the nutrients you need to grow a healthy beard, it is important that you focus on the quality of the supplements you want to use and to consult your primary doctor. The doctor will let you know if you can take the supplements you hope to take or alert you if they might interact poorly with a particular medication you already take.
You may not know this, but stress can be a cause of hair loss. Therefore, if you want a nice, full beard, it's a good idea to make sure that you do everything possible to avoid losing any hair that grows. Take steps to reduce stress in your personal and professional life so that your beard has a chance to flourish.
You can cut down on the stress in your life by doing some of the following things
- Learn relaxation techniques and methods such as deep breathing, meditation and yoga
- Talk out your problem with a friend, relative or therapist
- Think about leaving a stressful job
- Make time for the activities you enjoy
With the tips in this article, you can help your beard to grow in. Be sure to talk to your hair stylist and other professionals for more advice.